Information on the processing of personal data
(delivered pursuant to articles 13 and 14 of EU Regulation 2016/679)
The training activity on the LOINC standard is carried out by members of the LOINC Italia Working Group, in order to disseminate knowledge of the characteristics of the LOINC standard and its methods of use and implementation within clinical documents in electronic format. The training is provided to public or private operators who request it and can be carried out according to one or more of the following methods:
- Classroom teaching: the training activity aims to provide the framework of knowledge and skills necessary to use the LOINC standard;
- Training of trainers: the training activity aims to provide the framework of skills and knowledge necessary to train professional figures responsible for training about the LOINC standard;
- Mapping support: the training activity aims to provide assistance for the initial implementation of the LOINC standard;
- Support for case studies: the training activity aims to provide professional figures involved in training about the LOINC standard with the framework of skills and knowledge necessary for the initial implementation of the standard;
- On-the-job training for validation: the activity aims to verify the correctness of the mappings between the local exam catalog and the LOINC standard;
- Management of new code submissions: the activity aims to manage relationships with the Regenstrief Institute Inc. for the request to add new codes to the LOINC standard.
Based on the provisions of EU Regulation 2016/679:
- The processing of personal data is aimed solely at the use of the services offered. LOINC and its services are provided for the purposes of research, experimentation and scientific dissemination, without commercial interests or profit-making purposes, in the interest of the scientific and technological community.
- According to the legislation indicated, this processing will be based on the principles of correctness, lawfulness, transparency and protection of confidentiality.
- The data processing will be carried out using IT and telematic tools, with methods of organizing and processing the data, related to the purposes indicated above and, in any case, in such a way as to guarantee its confidentiality and integrity; special security measures are observed to prevent data loss, illicit or incorrect use and unauthorized access.
- For the use of LOINC services, the provision of data is mandatory to access the training material. Failure to provide data will make it impossible for the user to use the aforementioned service.
- Links to external sites are provided as a simple service to users, with the exclusion of any responsibility with respect to the completeness and correctness of the information provided on the sites themselves. In fact, the owner and manager of the site have no power to control the contents or their use and the quality and completeness of the information on external sites whose responsibilities fall directly on the relevant owners and/or managers.
Rights of interested parties
Interested parties have the right to obtain from the Garante, where appropriate, access to their personal data as well as the rectification or cancellation of such data or the limitation of their processing and to oppose their processing (pursuant to articles 15 to 22 of the Regulation), or to initiate legal proceedings against the Garante pursuant to article 79 of the Regulation.
If an interested person considers that the processing of personal data concerning him or her as carried out through this website violates the Regulation, he or she has the right to lodge a complaint with the Garante pursuant to article 77 of the Regulation, or to bring legal proceedings against the Garante pursuant to article 79 of the Regulation.
Information on Cookies
- A “cookie” is a small text file created by some websites on the user’s computer when he/she accesses a particular site, with the purpose of storing and transporting information. Cookies are sent by a web server (which is the computer on which the visited website is running) to the user’s browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.) and stored on the latter’s computer; they are then re-sent to the website at the time of subsequent visits.
Cookies used on this website
This website uses exclusively session cookies strictly necessary to allow specific requested functions that guarantee normal navigation and use of the website and are automatically deleted at the end of each navigation.
Data controller: National Research Council (CNR), Piazzale Aldo Moro, 7 00185 – Rome (Italy) through the Institute of Informatics and Telematics
Data controller: Institute of Informatics and Telematics (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Responsible for the protection of personal data: email@example.com
Project Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
IIT privacy contact: email@example.com